How Do I Schedule a Mediation?
A step-by-step breakdown on how to schedule your mediation with the Brazos DRC.
Call the Brazos DRC at 979-822-6947 to get a list of available mediation dates. Mediations are scheduled for 8:30am-12:30pm OR 1:00pm-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. (Please Note: Deposits are required to hold your mediation date.)
Contact the other Parties to see which mediation date will work best for both of your schedules. Make sure to contact any Attorneys that will be participating to confirm their availability.
Once all Parties agree on the mediation date, call the Brazos DRC again at 979-822-6947 to schedule. When scheduling, make sure you have the following information:
1. Names, phone numbers, and email addresses for all Parties involved in the Mediation
2. Names, phone numbers, and email addresses for all Attorneys involved in the Mediation
3. The Cause Number of your Case (if a case has been filed with the Court)
4. The Case Type (type of dispute you need mediated)
5. Information about any protective orders or precautions that the DRC will need to take for your Mediation.
Make your non-refundable deposit with the Brazos DRC to hold your Mediation date. Payments can be made in person or over the phone. The DRC accepts cash, credit, and money orders. No personal checks will be accepted.
Review your confirmation email and send back your intake form with copies of your Court documents (for example, your Original Petition, Original Answer and/or any other relevant documents).
Contact the Brazos DRC at 979-822-6947 if anything changes or you need to cancel your Mediation.
"The DRC provides low cost mediations to the Brazos Valley and surrounding counties. The staff is easy to work with and always willing to answer questions. The volunteer mediators are professional, polite, and effective. The DRC is a great service for the community."
Dr. Jim Guinn